Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Buttercup

Last year about this same time - I went to a Church Rummage Sale and got a Hubbard Squash...
http://affectioknit.blogspot.com/2007/10/hubbard-squash-i-love-hubbard-squash.html So this year I went back - hoping to score another one..

But no luck this year - I did manage to get a nice big Buttercup Squash http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buttercup_squash - which I roasted and froze for pies and such later...

We even saved a few seeds...

I also bot another big box of apples - destined to become more apple butter...

2 comments:

  1. yum!!! i found another of my acorn (i assume they were acorn) squash under a bag of onions in the fridge....had it for lunch yesterday. good for you eyes, lots of vitamin a! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - I packed ours up and put the freezer containers in the fridge - none of them may make it to the freezer as we keep eating them - I like the buttercup because it is nice and dry and mealy sort of like a baked potato in texture...

    Love,

    T

    ReplyDelete