Tuesday, November 10, 2009

the Fungus Among Us

While I was really sick we ate a lot of soup...

...one of our parishoners brought us this packet - Note the top - Organic-Vegan-Gluten Free-Dairy Free-Cholesterol Free-Low Fat-Low Carb - or as the Man called it 'Nothing Soup'

...Anywhooo - all you do is add 4 cups of water (I also added some Udon noodles as I wanted it to be a little bit heartier) and the three of us ate all 4 servings...

YUM! Go to The Fungus Among Us and get some...

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:06 AM

    Looks yummy. But I'm a huge fan of mushrooms. It's the season for soups. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I strongly suspect that my Man's response would be the same!

    I have an amazing soup recipe book 'New Covent Garden Soup Company's Book of Soups - New, Old and Odd Recipes'.

    At the front of each chapter there is a saying or poem. At the front of the section called 'Unusual' it says:

    'and broth of abominable things is in their vessels' Isiah Chapter 65 Verse 8

    Soups in this section include:

    Nettle
    Aussie Roo Soup
    Sousboontjie
    Lettuce and Lovage Soup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:47 PM

    that "nothing soup" looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:47 PM

    that "nothing soup" looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great....love the soup season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I've never heard of that. I will have to hunt for their website.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, that "nothing soup" actually has lots in it. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the note about the soup - perfect for our diet....although some would say we eat "nothing"....

    love, k

    ReplyDelete