Thursday, November 19, 2009

A simple lunch

The simplest things are often the best......the Man and I almost always lunch together - I work at home and he works about 50 feet away (for the most part) - for a special treat I sometimes get Subway sandwiches and we have a little picnic in his office...
...but yesterday he was away at a conference and so I didn't have to worry about making anything he would like - so I just poked around in the fridge until I found some leftover rice and I cut up a slab of tofu - it's my homemade tofu marinated in some soy sauce and baked with a little olive oil - it really is one of my favorite foods - then I steamed a couple of broccoli spears and I had lunch ready for me in about 5 minutes - so then I sat at the table by myself and ate my lunch - kinda lonely...

...in other news - I walked Jack around the usual route - it's almost a mile - he was very happy to smell all his smells - and I'm happy to be well enough to walk a mile again...

4 comments:

  1. We're all glad you are feeling that well too. Lunch looks great and I like your fall table runner. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear that you're back on the mend. I agree, sometimes a simple meal is best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you are getting your strength back after being sick - I know that is such a good feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I concur--good eats for sure! Happy walking with the pups too!

    ReplyDelete