Monday, November 02, 2009

A Very Meager Halloween...

There were no decorations this year - there was however a costume (made pre-flu-vacation) from a wonderful pattern by Ani-Chay Pinn...
- the pattern was straightforward and easy to follow...
...I knew that all that was left on Scout's costume was the final hemming...
...so I drug my bones off the couch long enough to hem it up - he was really pleased...
...then his best bud came over to carve some pumpkins while his Mom was setting up a Haunted House - no worries here - the H1N1 had already ravaged their family - normally - I'm right in the fray with the pumpkin carving - but this year I gave them knives and said 'don't cut yourselves'...
...I originally thought this was a picture of Jack trying to get out of his costume - but I can see now that he's actually pouncing on a ball...
...he managed to get the boys to play with him some in the midst of the carving...
...hmmmnnn - it seems all of the Jack-o-lanterns are either sick...
...or in the process of being murdered...or both...
...there was a tiny bit of Trick-or-Treating...
...and the resulting bag of loot...

9 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are all better or at least on the mend! So glad you are home safe and sound now. Scout's costume is great and the pumpkins....well I guess boys will be boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fun! it's been a while since i participated in halloween....no neighbors have little ones anymore - so we get zero trick-or-treaters.

    yeah, apparently the new fun with jack-o-lanterns is to make them barfing or dead. all in good goulish fun, i 'reckon.

    glad you're getting better. love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great costume and I love the pumpkins :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole halloween thing is quite new here. However, we had several very scarey young ghouls and such who were given treats we had ready for them.

    We pretended to be sooo scared and it made them all laugh, such fun!

    Our next celebration is November the 5th

    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...


    Guy Fawkes and his band tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament. We have bonfires and burn effigies of Guy Fawkes - called - Guys! We let off fireworks as well.

    Needless to say they all came to VERY sticky ends!

    Glad you are all feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pumpkins. They made me smile. =) Glad you are better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the pumpkins cracked me up this morning! :)))
    hope you are feeling better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha! I like Jack's outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the carved jack-o-lanterns. We don't celebrate Halloween here so carving pumpkins is not something we do but it does look like the best bit about Halloween to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vomiting pumpkins...must be a boy thing. ;-) My boys have done that too.

    ReplyDelete