Thursday, April 08, 2010

Light Fixture Fix


We had two light fixtures exactly like this - one in the entry hall - and one in the stairwell...

The one in the stairwell got broken by 'someone' carrying something downstairs - so it was just hanging there with a light bulb - it still worked - it just looked ugly...

...so while I was perusing the thrift store - looking for food molds - I spied these chandelier covers - there were 3 of them - and the hole was too small for our fixture...

but I thought I could make the hole bigger with the dremel tool - so I did - the plastic cover will just hang on the bulb...

...another finished frugal (25 c) project...

3 comments:

  1. I like the new cover with that fixture better than the old one! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your can do attitude. You are so creative and resourceful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so clever! I didn't know a dremel tool could be so handy :0)

    ReplyDelete