Friday, April 30, 2010

Lutheran World Relief Quilt #4

...remember all of the fabric is donated (unless I have to buy just a little bit as a filler here and there)...

...I love looking at all of the pieces and choosing favorites...

...can you read the text? - it says 'mother hen and her chicks'...

...I absolutely love this little chick print - and I can just imagine someone's little baby crawling around on it and eyeing these little chicks...

...I also love all the orange in this quilt....

We're down to the wire now with our Lutheran World Relief quilts - they have to be in Church next Sunday so I'm probably only going to get one more done - but I'm trying for two (at least)...Wish me luck!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, you're really pumping them out. Good for you and so wonderful for the recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i like the chick print too!

    good job, love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, and I LOVE this quilt! It reminds me of my grandmother's quilts that covered me on my sick days when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck getting 2 quilts done.

    This one is lovely, what an amazing outcome with only donated material.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! The hens and chicks are adorable indeed and you so have me on orange. I say green is my fave color but somehow orange is always on my radar...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a bright and cheery quilt. Someone will surely love it. Hope it does go to a child. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i LOVE that chicken fabric too!
    and that quilt is so happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a lovely thing to do and I wish you luck to get the extra quilts finished in time - not that I think you will need it!

    Where do the quilts go to? Also, the packs of washcloths etc.?

    ReplyDelete