Sunday, April 04, 2010

Happy Easter

I hope you all had a blessed Easter with your families!

We had some last minute prep last night (of course - it really wouldn't be a holiday at all without that)...

Scout's alb had to be hemmed (considerably) - as we will be our Light Bearer on Easter...

...I did add another flounce to the bottom of the skirt - and I would have worn it that way - but neither of my boys liked it that way - so I took it back off...

...about midnight - the Easter Bunny came - and I hope he came to your house too - he left an awesome Warrior book - and several papier mache Easter eggs stuffed with goodies...

...then we slept for a little while and got up and enjoyed our goodies for just a few minutes before Church - you see the book trumped even chocolate...

...but he eventually tore into all of that too...

...then Scout (and his Papa) carried the Light of Christ back into the darkened Church...

...this rather dark photo will give you a good idea of the length of the finished skirt...

...I was ok with it in the end...I guess...

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:16 AM

    Skirt looks wonderful - you have great legs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes no dofference, of course, that we all tell you it looks very nice, because it does. That is a very flattering style with a nice swing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The outfit looks nice. Great job on the handiwork. Glad you had a happy Easter. We did too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely skirt! your boys were right, it looks just fine the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect length. The whole outfit is very flattering. Lovely! Great job. I love those paper mache eggs. That really adds a special touch to the Easter basket.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The skirt is perfect for you and the sweater really turned out beautiful. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your skirt and sweater came out nice! :) Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those paper eggs, they look like the kind I used to get for Easter when I was a kid :) Also, you look great in your outfit! The length is very flattering, it might just take some getting used to, I know I always feel weird for a little while when I'm wearing a skirt or shorts that are shorter than I'm used to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just lovely! I like the sandals with the skirt too, and the sweater, so pretty. How awesome is it that you made your entire ensemble??!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look lovely! I think the skirt turned out well. Scouts hem - wow, that was turned up quite a bit!

    A Happy somewhat belated but Heartfelt Easter to you and your family :)

    (Good thing we can celebrate Christ's resurrection everyday!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a Happy Easter! I like your skirt. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete