Monday, September 20, 2010

First Marching Band Parade...

...Scout had his first marching band parade on Saturday - he was so excited about it...


...it was 37 degrees when I dropped him off at the park...

...even with the hood up - he's probably none too warm - these photos were taken through the car windshield - as I'm sure you're aware of how un-cool it is to have your Mom running around taking pictures...

...and since I had an hour to wait between drop-off and parade start time - I got an awesome corner spot to watch the parade - the streets weren't closed off yet - so I just parked there and sat in my (warm) car and read until the parade started...then here comes the band...

...so I got my video camera in one hand and my digital camera in the other and started taking some pictures (I wasn't the only parent doing that now)...Scout was just about in the middle of the middle - so getting a good picture of him wasn't easy...

...he's under the yellow arrow - so you can find him...

...the rest of the parade was just your typical small town parade...the King and Queen rode by - throwing candy of course...

...and the ROTC with all their flags...

...floats about burning up the opposition...

...Police cars and Lions - throwing candy of course...

...class floats (this one's the Sophomore's)...

...tractor dealers showing off their wares...

...the local dance school doing a routine...

...and some fire trucks - throwing candy, too, of course...


...and for your listening pleasure - we've all been humming the 'Hey' song for days now...

10 comments:

  1. how cool! i was wondering as i was reading down through all the photos if you were going to put a video up - glad you did. i can't believe it was 37 degrees! it is 90 here right now - haven't had rain in almost 2 months now.

    stay warm!

    less than a month to o-town!
    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrrr - 37 degrees! Looks like such a fun parade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 85 here. At least he didn't have to march in the heat! Bless his heart..how exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a parade! Must do a bit of research to discover what 37F degrees are in centigrade.

    I can remember all the warm temperatures in farenheight, but when it gets cold I'm lost!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Done it.

    2,7777777C, flippin nippy! We've had down to 7c in the morning, but it goes up during the day. Our weather pundits are forecasting another cold and snowy winter - I can only hope they are wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Scout is getting so big!He's a young man now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was one of my favorite things in life during my middle school, junior high, high school, and {ahem} collegiate years. I hope he enjoys it as well as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sunny, clear day for a parade!

    Your stealth photography turned out very well... LOL :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome! How cool is it to watch your baby out there. He looks so grown up though, even compared to the summer. Boy it is cold there. Thanks for sharing!
    Peace, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please tell me that child has on long johns!
    I love my silk long johns; light weight and warm, the best combo ever.

    ReplyDelete