Wednesday, May 09, 2012

...Spinach-Tofu Wraps...

I'm not really a fan of a lot of convenience foods...but our new grocery store has quite the vegan food selection...so I had tried a few of the Amy's brand wraps...

image source

...have you tried these Spinach-Tofu wraps?...they're very good...but as most convenience foods are...they are sort of expensive...or 'spendy' as they used to say in ND...I loved that...no one says it here...

...so I thought I'd recreate the same taste at home...

...it was super easy...and only took about 15 minutes start to finish...

...just put an entire bag of frozen spinach in a pan...no water or oil or EB...

...stir over medium high heat...add your spices...garlic powder, onion powder and curry powder, salt and pepper to taste - I listed how much I used below...

...crumble up a half block of extra firm tofu and stir that in...then just keep stirring and cooking until the spinach is cooked and pretty dry...

...scoop some into the middle of a steamed WW tortilla...and wrap it up...

...and you'll have dinner on the table in under 15 minutes...

...these were really good...


Spinach-Tofu Wraps

1 bag frozen organic chopped spinach
1/2 block extra firm regular tofu
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
salt and pepper to taste

3 whole wheat tortillas - I used Azteca fat free

Mash up tofu in pan with spinach and spices. Cook until spinach is done and fairly dry. Then just roll up a portion in a wrap...these were so good and so easy to make...

...I hope you like them as much as we did...Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. D'you know I've never got to grips with wraps. They seem to be leathery to me!

    I love 'spendy' - I shall now use it. It's a bit spendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a limited variety of amys Foods in one of hte Health shops, though I have to admit I have never tried any of them. I am liking your home creation. Been a little while since I've had tofu though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried the wraps, but the paneer she makes is pretty good. Expensive? Oh yeah, that's why I don't buy premade food if I can help it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this! We use a lot of frozen spinach here, so I always have a lot on hand. Greg eats spinach and black beans every single morning for breakfast. I haven't been a huge fan of Amy's, but she does have a nice pizza bite that Kelly loves.

    ReplyDelete