Monday, May 14, 2012

...a very Happy Mother's Day...


...on Saturday when we were shopping...Scout asked to buy these oranges at the Health Food store...so we did...I didn't realize that he had a 'plan'...

...Sunday mornings are always kinda rushed around here...but Scout brought me this lovely tray...and I had breakfast in bed...there's instant oatmeal...a banana...and Teecino and Silk creamer...a perfect Mother's Day breakfast if you ask me...

...then after Church...there were flowers...

...they are so pretty...and they're purple...my favorite...

...there were a few little pressies as well...my new favorite spread...Biscoff...if you've not tried it you really should...

...then Scout got busy with his oranges...and Nanny's old glass juicer...to make the best orange juice I've ever had...

...we had a lovely brunch with scrambled tofu and toast and freshly squeezed orange juice...it was perfect...

...really I didn't do anything all day long...the Man made a wonderful bean stew for supper...I really must get his recipe...but it's a secret and takes hours...literally...and involves carmelized onions and about five different types of beans...carrots and celery...and bayleaf...that's what I can gather from the 'secret' kitchen...I really should have taken a picture or two...then we spent the evening watching the old Hawaii Five-0 on netflix...I love 70s tv...

...hoping you all had a wonderful Mother's Day too!...

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you were well loved and appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How brill is that! The breakfast in bed looked so pretty, the roses are beautiful, brunch was delicious and dinner sounded divine.

    So pleased you had a lovely day.

    Not Mother's Day here, we celebrate in March.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, glad you had such a special day!! enjoyed paging thru all the last 10 days of your life!

    we're back in the "real world" now - see you very soon!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice day! When I saw the breakfast I was confused--"What happened to the oranges?"--but fresh squeezed juice for lunch sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete