Saturday, May 26, 2012

...refurbished sun shades...

...so this is what I needed the yards of pretty grey bias tape for...

...these are my poor old dry-rotted sun shade thingies for the car...they're falling apart...but of course...I thought I could breathe some new life into them, save them from the landfill, and send them on their merry way...so...I made some bias tape...

...and I put my zipper foot on my sewing machine...and stitched close to the wire edge...wrapping the bias tape around the wire...and stitching through the center reflective fabric...

...all the way around...

...when I got to the end...I cut it off about an inch longer...

...and folded under about 1/2 and stitched to the end...

...all finished...

...and coiled up...there's a trick to this folding...and although I've tried to teach Scout and the Man...apparently I'm the only one who can fold these babies back up into the little circle that fits under the seat...HA!

...and I still have quite a bit of leftover bias tape...not sure what I'll use it for...

...and here are the pretty refurbished sun shades in use...

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. Job well done! Those things come in so handy this time of year!

    oxo Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Job well done! Those things come in so handy this time of year!

    oxo Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful. I need to make one of those. They are a necessity at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete