Thursday, May 24, 2012

...Company Banana Bread...

...y'all know we had company last weekend...

...so I had to make us some banana bread for a quick breakfast on Sunday before Scout's Confirmation...

...so I turned to the tried and true Lower Fat Banana Bread from Veganomicon...I've made it before (lots of times)...

...here's a link to the recipe...except I only used 1/4 cup of sugar...

...a neat trick is listed with this recipe...you may already know to spray your measuring spoon with a little mist of oil...

...so that your molasses will slide right off...

...all of it and you're not left with a sticky mess...

...I used the mixer to mash up the bananas and mix all of the liquid ingredients...

...oh...and I added about a tablespoon of ground flax seed...I add it to almost all baked goods just for the added Omega-3s...

...then when it's time to add the dry ingredients...you'll want to switch to a wooden spoon so that you don't overmix and wind up with gummy bread...this part is really important...

...then you bake it for about an hour...and your house smells heavenly...

~Have a lovely day!

*****************************************************************************

...don't forget to enter the Sew Mama Sew Giveaways...

Click on the image to enter to win a dutiful little dishcloth...

*****************************************************************************

5 comments:

  1. We are huge banana bread eater here. I like to take the hand blender and puree the bananas before I mix them in as I have one here who doesn't like 'hunks' in his bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. I love the way a house smells when there is freshly baked banana bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like such a quick and easy recipe... Iused to say I am going to bookmark it but now I am "pinning"! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That smell of baking can't be beat. Yankee Candles can try all they might but it doesn't work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got over-ripe bananas now that are just begging to be used before I have to pitch them...banana bread sounds wonderful. Yours looks delicious.

    oxo Judy

    ReplyDelete