Wednesday, October 14, 2020

...10.14...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...I finished the crocheted Monogram Porch Pillow...this is an 'extra' pattern...for the project as I completed my Hello Pumpkin pillow for October/Halloween last year...and I'm posting a monogram pattern for each letter of the alphabet...because I realize not everyone's name starts with 'A'...haha...

...Hop over to the Porch Pillow Project for all the details...

...in other crochet news...it's getting cooler here (finally)...and I'll be wearing long pants/trousers for bike riding...so I needed one final thing...a pants keeper or garter to hold my trouser leg tightly around my ankle and keep it from getting tangled up in the chain...
...so I wrapped a piece of paper around my ankle and made a quick 'pattern'...
...and I had a little bit of black and navy cotton sock yarn left over from my two last pairs of socks...and thought that since I'll mostly be wearing yoga pants or joggers...which in my closet are black...that would be a good colour choice...I thought about using some of the rainbow variegated that I'd used for the seat cover...but decided to go a little more low-key...
...I'd made a dishcloth before that I liked the texture of using a single crochet chain one pattern...so that's what I'm using here...just loosely matching the pattern...I'll be doing a couple of rows of single crochet around the outer edge as this pattern produces a kind of zig-zag edge...
...close up of the pattern...
...the finished garter...I sewed on a large black button...I'll probably go back and add another one or two...in case I decide to ride with my ski pants on this winter...haha...it will make the garter more adjustable...
...then...of course I tried...unsuccessfully to take a photo of me wearing the garter...it's just too dark...
...but outside...you can kind of see the garter...and a little bit of the colour change as well...

...what's in your workbasket?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting! I'd have never thought of such a thing. All this cold-weather bike-riding gear makes me feel chilly! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a really cool idea!

    ReplyDelete