Monday, October 12, 2020

...10.12...Over the Weekend...

...it was a rainy weekend...but we went to Church...I managed to ride my bike both days...and we also walked Jack...FaceTimed with the kiddos...but I think just about everything that I captured on 'film' was food related...
...we started the weekend off with some fluffy pancakes...
...I tried to capture how tall they were...
...I love pancakes...
...we also had green tea...
...I did the weekly shop...can't think of anything unusual this week...but organic red grapes were on sale...
...a friend brought us a bag of pears off his tree...not ripe yet...but I can wait...
...I cooked a batch of collard greens...
...I keep finding little bits of food that need to be used up...there was not even a cup of this rice left in the bag...
...so although I didn't have a menu in mind to have with this black rice...I cooked it and now I'm sure I'll eat it up...
...I got out my fancy bundt pan...and baked a lemon pound cake...
...I just veganized this recipe...the cake mix and the lemon pudding were already vegan...
...so pretty and so delicious...
...OH...!!! here's one non-food item on the disk...I completed another 100 days of sweat...so...YAY!...
...another friend left us another box of homegrown tomatoes on the porch...and a few nice firm green ones...we are so blessed...
...it was so cold and dreary and rainy...that I made a big pot of split pea soup...
...and I cut up a cabbage...and weighed it...so I could add the right amount of salt...1 tsp to 1 lb...
...chopped it and massaged in the salt...
...and packed it in the jar with the vented lid...
...and in a couple of weeks we'll have another 1/2 gallon of homemade sauerkraut...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. I will be making split pea soup but not the vegan version. Your lemon bundt cake looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all looks very "fall-ish". And that lemon cake is lovely!

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete