Monday, May 08, 2023

...5.8...Over the Weekend...

...I got up Saturday and did the weekly grocery shopping...
...and I got all of the ingredients to make a sort of Tex-Mex casserole to take to Mom's for our Mother's Day gathering there on Sunday...both my brothers and my sister were there...
...then we assembled the casseroles...
...ready for the preliminary bake...covered to cook the rice...
...and then topped with vegan cheese...
...while the oven was on...we made a peach cobbler...just usin frozen peaches...
...and a pan of Vegan Brownie Bites...
...then in the evening we went over to the Church for the Community Supper...
...delicious spaghetti...they made a vegan version too...it was delicious and a fun time...
...then we headed up to the mountains and we had a nice visit with Mom before everyone arrived for dinner...
...we brought flowers...and I knit a washcloth and got a sweet smelling bar of soap when I was at the farm faire with Amy a couple of weeks ago...and when I'd finished the washcloth and put it and the soap into a gift bag...it was sitting on the end table in the living room and the Man said...'I keep smelling something sweet and floral...do you smell that?'...funny...but I'm glad that it will perfume the air for Mom too...
...and then everyone came and we had a wonderful family picnic outside...it was so much fun...and these are the only two photos I took...one of the table with all the casseroles and Mexican cornbread...
...and the delicious fruit salad...

...I was hoping my sweet sissie had some to share...but I've not seen them yet over at McCraw Sails...
...and then for breakfast...we had a simple bagel and fruit...
...and all too soon it was time to leave...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

1 comment:

  1. I can attest that all the food was wonderful, and the company was pretty good too! Love, K

    ReplyDelete