Thursday, May 25, 2023

...5.25...What I Ate in a Day...as a Vegan...

...started with a bowl of butter-y rice for breakfast...
...morning snack was a bowl of canteloupe...not the best one ever...
...Sauce Stache asked the question "Can You Turn a Potato into Cheddar Cheese?" over on his youtube channel...and I thought that was really worth a try...
...and I put it into a square tupperware to set up and cool off...
...unmolded after some chill time...it's a nice solid sliceable cheeze...
...tried it on some Ritz crackers...it's a nice tangy sharp cheddar...
...now for the real test...how is it in a grilled cheeze sammie...
...I made a quick vegan cream of asparagus soup with some leftover asparagus stems...
...and the potato cheeze was really really good in a grilled cheeze...the texture is good...it doesn't get 'runny' like a lot of the commercial vegan cheezes...I'll definitely make it again...
...for an afternoon snack...I just heated up the leftover sweet potato fries...I had made a whole purple one and a whole orange one...and that was just way too much for the Man and I...I should have only done one...and I was surprised at how good they were leftover like this...I don't think leftover regular fries heat up in the oven this well...
...and dinner was just my typical baked potato/baked tofu/salad meal...I ate the tofu with steak sauce...so easy...

...what did you eat yesterday?...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. This cheese sammie looks wonderful!!!!! Saucestache is fabulous! I put that cheese on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had Impossible Whoppers yesterday when we were van-shopping. Yummy! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bunch of swell things you've been doing over in your kitchen! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete