Monday, May 01, 2023

...5.1...Over the Weekend...

...kind of a drizzly morning...
...we moved the sweet potatoes out onto the back steps...we're trying to harden them off and get them ready for their life outdoors...
...and these are the guys the Man is still coddling indoors...the tomatoes are ready for their pots...I'm not sure what all else there is...but I do know he's growing poppies for me...I love poppies...
...I did the weekly shop...I got us each an ear of 50¢ corn...it's the first fresh corn I'd seen this season...I probably won't buy anymore at this price but I'll get some when it's four ears for $1...haha...

...and a couple of other 'deals'...I got two bottles of Daiya Ranch dressing for $1.79 each...which is about $3 off per bottle...the take-and-bake bread was $1.34...and the Enjoy white chips were $1.50...an Easter leftover...I'll make some of Mom's delicious Ritz cracker/Peanut Butter cookies...
...the grapes however were a total waste of money for some reason they tasted horrible and we threw them away...not at all sure what was wrong with them...but we didn't get sick...

...and then I spent the rest of the day making sure that none of the garden veg I got went to waste...
...I washed all of the lettuce and spun it dry and but it whole into a big bowl...
...I washed all the kale and cooked it in the Instant Pot...I'm going to freeze all of it for later...
...there were a few little white baby turnips...
...and a whole bag full of turnip greens...
...I washed them all and I'm going to experiment with the stems...you know how much I love collard stems...we'll see how turnip stems are...
...the sweet little turnips...
...and a sinkful of turnip greens yields about a quart of delicious cooked greens...it's amazing how much volume they lose...
...and finally...we started the puzzle...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

1 comment:

  1. Weird that the grapes were that bad!! I've been knocking away all my green-goodness as well. I sure got lots of vitamins! Love, K

    ReplyDelete