Friday, May 26, 2023

...5.26...Friday Update...

...Posting some comments to blog friends here...

...to my sweet sissie Karen who blogs from her boat at McCraw Sails...Hey K...Bummer about the old van...but I love the new one...y'all are quick decision makers for sure...hope all is well back at the homeplace...Love, T...

...to Beth from BLD in MT : Living a Simple Life in This Interconnected World ...Hi Beth...I'm definitely making your spice blend that sounds wonderful...and I'm so in love with your spice labels...I totally need to redo all of my spices...I did it once over ten years ago now...but it definitely needs an update now...

...to karen from Pumpkin Sunrise...Hi Karen...your lavender shawl and your pink blanket are so pretty...I'm still reading Agatha Christie too...some of the plots I remember and some I don't...but they are all pretty light and fun reading...sometimes I just have an inkling of an idea right from the get go of who-dun-it...and it winds up being correct...so I think that maybe subconsciously I do remember them...haha...

...to Éphée from L'éphémère quotidienneté des repas et autres trucs de magie...Hi Éphée...your asparagus crepes look amazing...both the crepes and the asperagus...and is that your BIKE???...it's amazing...

...to Penny from Snap That Penny...Hi Penny...your sky and park pictures are so pretty...stunningly...it's not been too hot here yet...we've really enjoyed a nice long spring this year...

...a few more Agatha Christie books read:

OK...first of all I read a collection of Short Stories:
The Regatta Mystery and Other Stories 1939 - which contained...
"The Regatta Mystery"
"The Mystery of the Baghdad Chest"
"How Does Your Garden Grow?"
"Problem at Pollensa Bay"
"Yellow Iris"
"Miss Marple Tells a Story"
"The Dream"
"In a Glass Darkly"
"Problem at Sea"

...and then if you look at Agatha Christie's bibliography...a lot of those stories were then published separately or with other names or in other compilations within just a couple of years...
The Crime in Cabin 66 1943 Also called Problem at Sea
The Mystery of the Baghdad Chest 1943
Poirot and the Regatta Mystery 1943
Poirot on Holiday 1943 Containing: The Regatta Mystery, The Crime in Cabin 66, Problem at Pollensa Bay and The Christmas Adventure
The Veiled Lady and The Mystery of the Baghdad Chest 1944

...so the only two I had to find just as short stories were The Christmas Adventure and The Veiled Lady

...and then for the novels...
...I finished The Moving Finger 1943
Towards Zero 1944
Absent in the Spring 1944 As Mary Westmacott
Death Comes as the End 1945 - this one was set in ancient Egypt...so that was quite different...
...and I'm a little over halfway through Sparkling Cyanide - 1945...it's kind of the same story line as the short story Yellow Iris ...obviously more developed and definitely not the same murderer...

...and so far...my very FAVORITE book of all is the Mary Westmacott Absent in the Spring...it's definitely just a book about some people...definitely not a murder mystery nor a love story...it's about a woman who does some serious introspection for the first time in her life...very deep...and the very unsatisfying ending is probably the most likely one...sadly...

...Christie herself loved this book the best...she wrote the entire book in just three days...and it's never been adapted...
"Agatha Christie described Absent in the Spring as 'the one book that has satisfied me completely - the book I always wanted to write.'
The title came from Shakespeare’s sonnet 98: “From you have I been absent in the spring…”"


...this has been quite a wordy post...

...so here's a couple of Kitten pics...
...her favorite snoozing position...I love to catch her like this to clip her nails...I can usually get one paw done before she's awake enough to protest...and then I immediately leave off clipping...
...and this is her "Don't you dare touch me look"...haha...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I vaguely remember something. What is jumping out at me is how dated it is compared to current times, I don't mind but it's sometimes glaring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you figure out that comment issue at some point!! Love, K

    ReplyDelete