Wednesday, July 29, 2026

...7.29...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...well after the little making break that I took to quickly make a Pickles replica...I had a lot to get done to get my July box off to Alaska...of course Pickles went by herself to comfort Big Sissie...
...I'm trying to take full advantage of this little window of Dolly-Love...so I wanted to make Big Sissie a Tae Kwon Do outfit for her dolly...as Little Sissie has a complete ballet outfit that she can dress just like her dolly...I wanted Big Sissie to be able to dress her dolly for her chosen activity too...

...so I downloaded a few patterns...
...the dobok trousers were easy enough to make straight from the pattern...but the cross over wrap top of the dobok was going to be a little more challenging...
...I took a couple of different top patterns...I lengthened the front piece of one pattern to match the back piece of another one and added the wrap portion and I'll use that slanted piece for both sides of the front...the back I just used the shirt pattern...and then I lengthened the sleeve to make a long sleeve...and cut it all out of a nice stiff white cotton...
...zig-zagged the edges so they won't fray and stitched it together...I'm pretty happy with the look...
...next I added the thicker white band all around the front collar area...
...and stitched a couple of straight rows on the band...for some detail...
...and added a belt which is just a tube filled with interfacing and also stitched with a couple of rows of straight stitches...
...and the dobok was complete...

...I have no idea why all these photos are sideways...
...and here's my model dolly wearing the new dobok...
...but our TKD girl has her first yellow stripes...so I coloured some fabric tape with a yellow sharpie and added those to the belt...when Big Sissie gets a new stripe...they can just peel this off and I'll send them some appropriately coloured tape to match the new belt...
...I'm just as tickled as I can be with how this dobok turned out...
...all packed up and ready to go...
...and for Little Sissie...I wanted another dress alike outfit...to match this one that I'd gotten for a few dollars from Amazon...(sideways again)
...I found the somewhat matching leggings at Stuff-Mart...and Our Airman left a bunch of white t-shirts here when he joined up...
...and again...I'm sort of hodge-podging together a top...from the leotard pattern that I used for her purple dolly-matching leotard...so I cut that out to make a sleeveless top...and cut a couple of little ruffles from the t-shirt sleeves to add to the top of the tank sleeves to match the ruffles on the dolly's shirt...and then I've got quite a bit of the t-shirt left to make the peplum bottom piece...
...I just turned under the edges like I did for the leotard...but I didn't add any elastic...oh...and I added a placket down the center front for the buttons...
...then I gathered and attached the peplum bottom piece...
...and gathered and attached the little ruffles at the tops of the shoulders...and since I'd cut those pieces from the t-shirt sleeves...I didn't have to hem them...
...and the little top was finished...I didn't even have to hem the bottom...as I was able to use the existing bottom piece of the t-shirt...
...the dolly's shirt has shiny sort of diamond buttons...but I couldn't really find any to match...so I got these gorgeous flower ones with just a hint of pink that I'm just sure she'll love...and they don't actually button...they're just for decoration...
...and another matching set is on it's way to my girlies in Alaska...

...what's in your workbasket this week?...

~Have a lovely day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment