Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Twice Baked Potatoes

...another one of my Mom's blast from the past recipes...

...Mom used to make twice baked potatoes a lot when we were little - these are so good and so very easy...

Bake some potatoes - one for each person.
Slice off the tops - not too much - you don't want your boat to fall apart - but enough so you can get a spoon in.
Scoop out the potato into a bowl - leaving enough so the sides don't collapse.
Mash the potato and mix in what you like - we used Vegan Sour Cream, Daiya Cheddar, a little Earth Balance, Chives, and Salt, Pepper and a little Mrs. Dash.
Then stuff that back into the shell and bake for another 30 minutes or so until the top is sort of golden...

...also on the plate is the ETL Spinach Tofu pot - I just prefer my tofu separate - so I don't put it in the pot - but while this was cooking Scout came into the kitchen and asked what smelled so good...

4 comments:

  1. I got your package today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love twice baked potatoes! We put almost the exact same stuff in them too but I add some Fox Point seasoning from Penzey's Spices instead of the Mrs. Dash. Today I made pizza and Nature Boy ate it and went back for more--he said it was because of the cheese (Daiya mozz). Maybe I will convert him yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made something similar at school (in 1962, noooo), using cheese. We called them 'cheese boats', there is a rather more upmarket version with an egg in a well in the potato as well.

    I know that seasoning the potato and just using the egg is also nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my god. i just have to try this. it looks my kind of thing!!!

    ReplyDelete