Thursday, January 26, 2012

...a few (scary) 'befores'...the blue carpet version

...you may want to shield your eyes...these are some pretty bright images...

...the Man chose/bought this house for it's 'good bones'...and also for the nice neighborhood...

...not it's decor...obviously...

...there's a lovely bright blue carpet throughout the upstairs...

...it will be (one of) the first things to go...love the fireplace though...

...guest room...blue carpet...check...

...master bedroom...blue carpet...check...

...hallway...blue carpet...check...

...some people could probably take this colour and run with it...bright bold colours and some matching/coordinating furniture...but I'm not that person...I want neutral colours and white walls...at least the walls are white...

11 comments:

  1. I think it would be pretty with some soft, light green and gray compliments. When you think about it, blue IS a neutral color. For instance, the sky does not seem to clash with anything. That's just my thought.

    The thing about decor, neutral or otherwise, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. On the bright side (no pun intended), it might be fun to search for the carpet that suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Susan's take on the carpet and wouldn't have thought of it that way. Me, I'm not much of a carpet person to begin with.
    Can you rip it out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to see what you do with it! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue Carpet! Everywhere! Wow! I wouldn't be able to handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could go with it....but I imagine it is pretty old and carpet generally creeps me out because I never feel like it is really clean. We have some in our basement and I can't wait to get it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't go with this carpet either though I once had to live in a rental with a purple carpet. That was hideous but fortunately it was only in the living room and no where else. I look forward to your redecorating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the blue carpet. Out. :) Can't wait to see the transformations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wooo! Hey it's just like the sea, at least that is what I would tell myself. Your house looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another can't wait to see!

    It does grate to get rid of somthing otherwise not too bad - but there is rather a lot of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I've just noticed the sunny deck and view of trees.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Susan is right about the soft green and grey, but HOLY BLUE. The people must have had some very specific ideas about decorating, that's all I can say, haha! The rest of the place looks wonderful though! And Hooray for a market nearby that carries what you need! think of the gas savings! LOL

    ReplyDelete