Tuesday, January 31, 2012

...unpacking...really heavy boxes...

...our AWESOME movers packed the dishes in special dish boxes...

...called dish barrels...

...these boxes full of dishes are very heavy...and they're in the garage...

...so I take some baskets and open a box and unload about 2/3 of it into my baskets...then I can carry the more manageable weight in the baskets upstairs...and finish unpacking...

...clothes are really heavy too...heavier than I would have thought...and the same process applies...

...practically everyone here (except maybe Jack) is still looking for something that is still in one of the boxes in the garage...even though the boxes are labeled it's still a bit of a 'treasure hunt'...

PS...have I mentioned that there's carpet in the kitchen (you can see it in the picture above)...ICK...

3 comments:

  1. Carpets in kitchens and bathrooms were popular here about 20 years ago, though only for a short time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dreading moving whenever that happens. I have a feeling I am just going to get rid of things instead of moving them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man, lady, you've got lots of work ahead of you.

    but you also have such lovely ideas for making things homey - the tea towel lined shelves are whimsical and pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete