Monday, December 11, 2023

...12.11...Over the Weekend...

...most of the weekend was the same ol' same ol' around here...cleaning...sorting and packing...

...but we did have a bit of a DISASTER...
...y'all know we've been sleeping on an air mattress at the parsonage since we moved our big bed to the new house...wellllll...sometime up in the early morning it sprung a terrific leak...

...not sure it's really evident in this photo of the poor sad deflating bed...but one of the seams failed...and the hissing of the air escaping was enough to wake us up...and we've actually had guests sleep on this air mattress...so we're really glad it happend when we were the ones sleeping on it and not Mom or Sissie and hubbie...

...oh well...we grabbed our covers and spent a few hours dozing in our recliners...which thankfully are still here at the parsonage...haha...
...I tried to patch the bed...but it's not just a small hole...the seam of the little sections of the mattress is split open...so...we just ordered a new one from Amazon...same day delivery...and carried on with our day...which involved a lot of food prep...as we continue to use up what we can from the freezer and prepare for the move to the new house...
...I did a super tiny shopping trip...and I'm so happy that they have my favorite Silk again...
...I had some lovely organic oranges...so I thought I'd save the zest from those...you know priorities...haha...
...that will take up very little room in the freezer...
...I made a batch of 4 vegan biscuits and 3 vegan cornbread muffins...
...and some tvp sausage patties...
...and some vegan gravy too...that will make for some easy breakfasts through the week...
...the triangle of muffins at the bottom are the cornbread ones...and the four around the top are biscuits...
...I love the crusty bits...so I usually make muffins...but the Man prefers the cake-y middle so I usually make his cornbread in a pan...
...I made a clafouti to use up the last of the blackberries from the freezer...
...we will probably also eat this for breakfast...
...it's Julia's recipe of course...
...it always turns out perfectly...
...and finally I scrubbed the Man's under-chair-thingy...as his 'office' space will probably be in the guest room of the new house...and we have white carpet there...I'll show you that soon too...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

1 comment:

  1. You made me laugh with the orange zest! Priorities! I can relate ;-)

    ReplyDelete