Monday, December 18, 2023

...12.18...Over the (MOVING) weekend...

...we started the weekend with a big carb-filled breakfast...to fuel us up for the packing of the truck...
...the only food prep I did was to bake Mom's Rum Cake...recipe here...scroll to the bottom...
...I took one last ride on my bike...and then loaded her onto the truck...
...we would have liked to park the truck under the carport...but it's too tall...so we just backed the opening under the eaves...and hoped for the best...U-haul says their trucks are water-resistant and cannot be expected to be 100% waterproof...
...and that's it...this is the last load of stuff from the parsonage...we have two chairs a small computer screen and a 'new' air mattress left in this house...
...and as expected...the weather was HORRIBLE...
...but we made it and this package was waiting at the new house when we got there...I love the quote from Mary Poppins...
...it's from my sweet sissie...of course...
...and I put it right under the tree...
...and after unloading the truck we made a quick supper...

...our new neighbor has an enormous rosemary plant in her backyard...right across the fence from ours...and she said I could snip fresh rosemary anytime I wanted it...LOVE that!

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

3 comments:

  1. welcome to home sweet home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! they're finally letting me comment again. So exciting for you to finally get moving! I've read all the older posts but won't bother commenting on each of them. The mattress story was funny-not-funny.....and that basement final photo is an amazing transformation! Since we haven't moved since 1995....I just can't imagine what it would take for us to do the same. Love, K

    ReplyDelete