Tuesday, December 26, 2023

...12.26...Merry Christmas...

...we actually spent Christmas Day at the new house...
...so presents first...

...that pretty package from my sissie was a book...which I kindof expected...you know...having felt and squished the package...haha...but the actual book was quite a surprise...A Portion for Foxes...it was a book that we read as teenagers when we were about as 'horse-y' as we could be...we had nine horses in our small stable...and we'd get up at dawn every weekend and leave on horseback and not come home 'til dark...it was the 70s in the country and pretty safe...but I think we experienced some of the haughtiness and snobbery even in our small horse-y circle that's evident in this book...and I'm looking forward to another read...especially because as an adult I may focus more on the civil rights aspects of the book and less of the horse-i-ness...

...thanks Sissie...I'll loan it back to you for a re-read later this year...LOVE it!
...and the lovely tag becomes a pretty ornament...so I hung it on the tree...
...and on the back porch was this lovely packed full package...

...a beautiful assortment of teas...some yummy vegan chocolate...a pretty card and gift card...and 'grandma's' amarylis...a bag of mom's famous Ritz Christmas cookies...and a bell shaped bird feeder...

...such a lovely thoughtful gift...Thanks Mom!...LOVE it!
...so...right away...I made a pot of the Jane Austen tea blend...and it was so delicious...
...and then in the afternoon...we made our Christmas dinner...lots of vegan sides...peas...and the best green bean casserole I've ever made...broccoli...and a less than stellar macaroni...and I only say that because I accidentally added some smoked vegan cheese from the freezer...just a random block of a white vegan cheese that I'd stuck in the freezer at some point...so when we cleaned out the freezer at the parsonage...I took some things like that...that weren't super perishable and moved them over to the fridge so that we'd use them up...and it wasn't labeled as 'smoked'...so I just tossed it into my Christmas mac-n-cheese...(really you'd think I'd be more careful...HA)...it wasn't horrible...it just wasn't exactly what was supposed to go with this meal...oh well...
...we set the table with our Christmas plates...and Nanny's silver...I'll have to do a post about Nanny's silver...she actually gave it to me a few years before she died...it stays in a lovely velvet lined case...and we should definitely use it more often...
...my super stuffed Christmas plate...so delicious...
...and the tea we chose to go with Christmas dinner was the Twinings Darjeeling...when we were first married...there was an Indian grocery near our apartment and we used to buy the Lipton's Green label Darjeeling tea there...and we kept one of the big tins and I still keep tea in it...you can see it here...but it's been a while since we've bought Darjeeling...it really is good...the Queen of teas...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!...have a lovely day!

1 comment: