Tuesday, January 18, 2011

LWR Quilt #5

...It's time to get back into my quilting groove - May will be here before we know it - and the quilts will need to be ready to go...

...again using donated material - the tan calico was quite nice - I so much prefer using the natural fiber materials to the polyester - my machine likes it better too - for some reason my old Kenmore (Kimmie - of course she has a name) doesn't like to sew polyester and I'm always having to fiddle with the tension...oh well - I'm sure it makes a very long-wearing quilt...

...and I thought you might like to see what the LWR Quilts look like finished (tied and bound) - This is LWR Quilt #3...

More about Lutheran World Relief Quilts here!

4 comments:

  1. Those are great. I love checkered board quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quilts that will bring a lot of love into someone's life; bless YOU! I'll be so happy to get back to my sewing machine and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I say this every time you post about the quilts but I just love the chunky squares look...My mom used to go to a Lutheran quilter's guild when I was little..I wonder if I sat under quilts like these while the ladies stitched. Must ask my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love that you are repurposing fabric, even if some of it is poly...

    ReplyDelete