Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Commissioned Knitting...

I'm always surprised when someone asks me to knit something for them...

...a lady at church said a friend had given her a scarf for Christmas and she wanted some mittens to go with it and asked if I would knit them for her...

...y'all know that I have a problem saying no - so of course I said yes...

...she brought me the yarn that matches her scarf - it's Lion Brand Homespun in colourway Lagoon - It's pretty but kind of hard to work with - the little curls keep bunching up...

...I'm using the Basic Two Needle Mitten Pattern here or on Ravelry...

5 comments:

  1. I am surprised!

    Happy knitting!

    About that not being able to say no - I have an idea for a little project..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty colour...hmmm, what do I need knitted ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colour but I think that the texture would drive me nutty too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good of you to make those mittens. The recipient will look sharp in matching scarf and mittens. I tried to make something with Homespun by Lion Brand one time when I was first learning to knit and I found it difficult to work with myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm sure it will work out fine nd the lady will be very happy!

    ReplyDelete