Wednesday, January 26, 2011

...Switching Gears...

I know I just showed you the Boy Scout Socks that I'm working on...

...but those are going to have to go into the WIP basket for a while...

...because I signed up to be a test knitter for Christabel's new pattern Amity...

...I was looking for an Easter sweater pattern...and this one looks so pretty...

...Christabel blogs at Herbivore Knits and you can see the sweater there as well...

...and of course I headed to Stuff-Mart...my LYS...where I was unable to find the fancy bamboo yarn Christabel used...imagine that...

...so I'm using Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet...1000 yards of cotton-y goodness in colour natural...so it should go with pretty much anything I decide to pair it with on Easter Sunday...

...I've just finished the short rows at the top of the back and there is a provisional cast-on too (like the socks - funny)...

...and I'm liking the natural/lavender combination that I used for the provisional cast on...hmmmn...I may be looking for some fabric in those colours for an Easter skirt as well...What do you think?...

11 comments:

  1. I love that pattern and I can't wait to see how it knits up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the lavender trim, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty pattern. I think a skirt to match would be lovely for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so pretty already! Those are some super tiny stitches and "thin" yarn! Wow! It looks awesome though. I can't wait to see the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. This looks like a lovely Easter sweater. I do like the lavender with the natural. Have fun knitting and finding a skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! I like the natural/lavendar combo. If we lived closer, I'd have you give me knitting lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just looked at Christabel's blog - love it and it's now on faves - also saw the picture of is being worn. Very pretty, might do it for myself as I want a nice supper top - however, it's a bit....

    Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Note to self - read before pressing button!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great choice for your Easter sweater! I do also highly favor the natural/lavender combo. Very springy too, might I add. Can't wait to see it as it comes along, I really love Christabel's Amity sweater, especially that back, so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:25 PM

    So very pretty! Looking forward to seeing your FO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the natural/lavender combination is very nice.

    ReplyDelete