Monday, January 10, 2011

Knitting News...

...well sort of...

...I finally finished the Karate Socks that were started way back in July at Camp Wilderness - that may be a record for me for the longest time spent on a single pair of socks - but the months from October to January are pretty packed...

...They're made with 2 strands of Aunt Lydia's Bamboo and they have a 'princess sole' - you just purl all of the sole stitches so that the smooth part of the stitch is near your foot - I think I'm going to do all of my socks that way from now on - so comfy...

...have you ever knit a 'princess sole' or are your feet tough enough to take the knit side bumps?...

9 comments:

  1. I haven't tried the princess sole, my feet don't mind the bumps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the princess sole but they sure look comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some nice looking socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so comfy looking!

    we've got ice coming down now - we'll see if the power lines can handle all the trees snapping during the night!

    i don't know what's wrong- it's supposed to be the avg - high- 50 degrees!!!!

    stay warm up there, we'll do the same down here! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still a sock knitting beginner really and have stuck to very similar patterns so far (all top down with very little deviations!). A princess sole sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are terrific socks! I have never even heard of a princess sole. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray! Lovely socks. I am always a slow sock knitter. (However, I did knit two pairs of socks for my friend in just three weeks. It was crazy fast knitting for me!) I've never tried a princess sole. I'll add them to my to-do list, right after resoleable socks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect, pretty socks. I'll have to give that princess sole a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the soles, pretty and make sense, my kind of technique! Maybe when/if I get to knitting some socks I will give this a try...

    ReplyDelete