Saturday, January 08, 2011

...Knitting needles as weapons...hmmmmmnn...

[[[SPOILER ALERT]]]

Scout and I were watching the movie Dragon Hunters...and the now grown up dragon hunter has a flashback to the time when the dragon called the World Gobbler destroyed his home and killed his parents...

...as a frightened child he pulls out his mother's knitting needles...

...draws a picture of the dragon and stabs it in the eyes with the needles...

...then back to the 'present' where he is a grown up dragon hunter - he pulls the needles from his pack...

...and uses them to slay the dragon...

...anywhooo - a pretty good movie which was apparently much more popular in Europe than it was in the US...I wonder why...

9 comments:

  1. hmmmmmm.....i hadn't even heard of this movie. guess i'm not with the right generation just now!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. how funny. we just watched that movie last week, only because we found it on netflix though. i had never heard of it before that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny! Don't mess with me while I'm knitting... : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dragons, tricky enemies but great and useful pets.

    I would be so very interested to know if the writer or power behind the film had a much loved relative who knitted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We almost rented it last night, but the girls picked Free Willy 4 instead. Not sure we ended up with the better of the two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a weird use for knitting needles. Funny too that you saw it in a movie. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:49 AM

    i think my kiddos would get a kick out of this. :) we'll look for it on netflix.

    (we just watched "how to train your dragon" - and loved that!)

    bitsofsunshine.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. my kids really liked this move too~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally, revenge for the knitters! Seriously, when I am walking alone in the dark city streets, I feel a bit more confident when I have some needles on me...

    ReplyDelete