Saturday, June 13, 2020

...4.13...Dinner and Movie...

...the Man wanted pizza...again...so we made a regular one for him...and then I just wanted some olive flatbread...
...and I had that with a big salad...some pickled beets and some cooked spinach...

...and the movie was Fantastic Planet......it's La Planete Sauvage in French...which literally translates to The Wild Planet...not fantastic...anywhooo...not sure how I've missed seeing that one for all these years...the film won the Grand Prix special jury prize at the 1973 Cannes Film Festival...

...I enjoyed it...it was sooooo..70's...surreal...even the music...

...basically...it's about the huge humanoids on another planet and and tiny humans (Oms) some of which are kept as pets and some are hunted and killed like mice...

...it reminded us both of a Courage the Cowardly Dog episode (Our Airman LOVED Courage when he was little - we even had a video cassette (remember those) of all the episodes)...with the giant alien girl Tulip...

...the film has enough vague-ness...that can be 'interpreted' many ways...but the idea of placing humans in roles of pets and pests is different...and it's been promoted as an 'animal treatment film'...and as symbolic of Soviet occupation and oppression...

...have you ever seen Fantastic Planet?...

...what have you been watching lately?...

~Have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. The salad and flatbread look tasty and I love pickled beets. I've never heard of the movies Fantastic Plan or Courage the Cowardly Dog. I didn't watch much television over the weekend but when I did I came across an old B & W movie called Leave Her to Heaven. I saw it a few years ago and it is a sad tale about obsessive love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting combination of food!! Never seen the flick, but reminds me of the "$1 movie night" when we were oh, so, so young in New Hill! Love, K

    ReplyDelete