Wednesday, June 10, 2020

...6.10...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...I got to the last 4 stitches and ran out of yarn...so I had to borrow those from the other sock...haha..
...so I finished the first bamboozled sock remake...it fits so much better and has a little bit of a cuff...
...and I cast on mid-sock for the second one...and I'll measure more carefully when I get to the end to make sure that I don't run out of yarn as I'm casting off again...
...and I'm about halfway through the June Porch Pillow...

...what's in your workbasket?...

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. Sweet projects!

    Love,K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always struggle with the casting on and connecting the first round when using double pointed needles, I find them very fiddly to work with until the work is at least an inch or more knitted. Love the emerging beach ball cushion cover, pretty cool. I have nothing in my work basket in process, but do have to make five masks for five grandsons, will probably make on Saturday. And I have a stuffed Rugrats doll from the toy box that one of the grandsons hauled out yesterday and asked if I would mend the arm, and a little kitten toy that belongs to and is treasured by grandson Ralph, it needs part of its face fur hot glued back in place. Hopefully the doll and kitty survive their "operations" :).

    Bean

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you had 'borrowed' yarn to finish off the socks, that has happened to me lots of times especially with Kroy sock yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started sock making using a tutorial by Winwick Mum and she suggests doing the first 2 'rounds' as straight rows before joining into a round on the 3rd round It's still not as easy as knitting straight but as you've got 2 rows, you can see if it's trying to get twisted or is going smoothly.

    I've also used a Turkish cast on for toe up socks, which was easier for me to keep the stitches tidy as it's just knit and no purl

    ReplyDelete