Monday, June 15, 2020

...6.15...Over the Weekend...

...once again...not a lot going here...
...Our Airman's birthday is this week...so we wrapped up a bunch of presents...and I definitely took this box to the post office after the problem with my sissie's birthday packager last month...the Sponge Bob wrapping paper is several years old...haha...
...I made a batch of his favorite chocolate chip cookies...
...and if I'd had any way to send him the cookie dough I would have...as that's how he ate most of these cookies...

...he even had the recipe completely memorized by the time he was in about the 4th grade...he'd come home from school and make a batch...and eat all the dough he wanted for a snack...and then I'd bake whatever dough was leftover...
...I wrapped them individually in waxed paper so hopefully they don't get broken...
...I also baked a half of a vanilla cake for us...using this old recipe from my wedding recipe box...
...and I made some Microwave Potato Chips...
...so good plain...
...or dipped...
...I also tried making them with BBQ sauce cooked on...but think it might be better was a dip...
...the Man ordered a chili 'kit'...to make some fancy chili recipe...I smelled them...and I'm afraid that any combination of them will be too hot for me...
...oh...and I did another grocery pickup...no substitutions at all this time...so that is a good sign...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

3 comments:

  1. You silly girl with your Spongebob paper! That's a sweet idea sending the Airman cookies. Glad you got your whole grocery order this time, I've had excellent luck with mine - a habit I'll keep long after this is over! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a favorite chocolate chip recipe too, it is my husbands absolute favorite cookie and has fast become a favorite with our older grandchildren, it is a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe I found years ago in a cookbook put out by a church as a fundraiser, all recipes contributed by parishioners.
    I keep wrapping paper until it is all used up, so all of the birthdays falling in the first part of the year generally end up being wrapped in Christmas paper :)

    It is nice that grocery shopping is now pretty much back to normal, no more empty shelves, and generally a good selection of product.
    Bean

    ReplyDelete
  3. our grocery run has become more normal but there is still a shortage of sanitizing wipes. The homemade chips sound interesting and delicious!!! Glad you used the post office, ha ha. That care package sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete