Monday, June 01, 2020

...6.1....Over the Weekend...

...so...I can't believe it's June 1st...

...over the weekend...
...we had Church for the first time in over 2 months...it looked a bit different...we had three smaller services with the congregation divided up alphabetically...and spaced out...every other side of every other pew...but you could sit with your family or people you had been in contact with...so...of course I was sitting all by myself...

...but still it was nice to be together even in this strange new way...and hear the organ...
...and see cars in the parking lot again...
...we had spent some time getting ready...moving pads and hymnals and taping off pews...and it was kind of weird to sit on an unpadded pew too...
...we caught this guy in the house...I sent our Airman a picture and told him how much I missed him...when we lived in Columbia and one of the SC geckos got into the house or a neighbors house we would always call him to catch it...

...I was so nervous catching this guy...I was afraid if I missed my chance he'd run away and I wouldn't be able to find him...but I was successful...
...I successfully made bread in my Pullman pan...I mixed up a recipe and a half of the bread dough...
...and that seemed to fill up the pan nicely...
...it baked up perfectly...
...all sides have a nice brown but soft crust...
...it's a pretty big loaf too...
...and you know what they always said about 'the best thing since sliced bread'...well I kind of know what they mean...it's a pain to slice all that bread...
...but I managed to get it all sliced and bagged...
...and of course I ate the heel while it was still warm...
...slathered in apple butter...it was so good...


...and in other news...The Airman's Baby can crawl...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. That bread looks lovely! Nice that the baby is crawling...much fun happens now! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will take getting used to having more services and fewer people at each one for most churches. Your bread look absolutely delicious and I like your gadget for cutting slices. I may invest in one some day. Congrats to baby Airman on her milestone.

    ReplyDelete