Friday, June 12, 2020

...Friday Favorites...Freshly Washed Walls...

...ok...inquiring minds want to know...how often do you wash your walls?...

...for me...it's practically been never...I mean I'll wash a spot of a wall...say if I somehow mark something on a wall...but I don't generally wash entire walls...

...I remember when I was reading Lucy Maud Montgomery's diaries...that she washed all her walls...EVERY YEAR!!!...they took all the furniture apart and washed it and set it out in the sun...and then while the room was empty they washed all the walls and floors...

...but I still didn't wash my walls...haha...
...but I was looking at this scuffed up marked blank wall in the kitchen...and thought it could use a wash...
...this is it mid-wash...I'm just using mild dish soap diluted in water and a dishrag...and I've always wondered about that outlet mid wall...not sure if that's where they used to have the fridge...or if there was a counter there as well...oh well...
...and that didn't remove these scuff marks...who knows what even caused them...
...but the Magic Eraser worked for that...like magic...haha..
...and here's the clean wall...

...I was so pleased with the results that I washed the other 2 smaller blank walls as well...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. Ha, ha. I'm like you. I only spot wash walls and I need to do certain walls on a regular basis and also inside doors. I don't know how the doors can look so dirty when we always wash our hands. Anyway, I do wash entire walls here and there and like Lucy M M, I remember when I was young all the women washed the walls in their homes (including mom) at least 2x per year with the change of seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few walls in the kitchen and family room that regularly get a wipe down, mostly finger prints and smears from the grandchildren. We were given a "new to us" bedroom set four or five years ago, so we cleared out out bedroom and I was SHOCKED at the state of the walls, I used ammonia in hot water and they cleaned up a treat, it was as if I had freshly painted everything. But as rewarding as it was to see those clean bedroom walls it has not motivated me to become a wall cleaner LOL.

    My mother-in-law, kept an immaculate home, and she washed down walls at least a couple of times a year.

    Have a great day,

    Bean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, haven't ever washed an entire wall....I can't remember, is that kitchen wall flat paint? I would think semi-gloss would wash well. Not so sure that flat paint would wash as well. With the kiddos gone, EVERYTHING seems to stay cleaner! Love, K

    ReplyDelete