Wednesday, June 03, 2020

...6.3...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...mostly I've been working on the remake of my Bamboozled anklets into socks...
...and since I'm trying to stretch the fancy bamboozled hand dyed/hand spun yarn as far as possible...I gathered some other bamboo yarn from my stash...and was surprised to see how many similar colours there were...

...so...I knit just the the toe in some stripes of these varying colours...I think it looks...okay...and it will probably never be seen anyway...and it will give me more yarn for the cuff...which I'm doing exactly like the pattern in stockinette stitch...because that really is the best (i.e., prettiest) stitch for this yarn...and there will only be about an inch of ribbing at the top...
...this is the finished princess sole...that's kind of how I knew I didn't want to do ribbing for the entire cuff like I usually do for solid coloured socks...the purl side is just not as pretty as the smooth top...

...what's in your workbasket?...

~Have a lovely day...

PS...I've also started the June Porch Pillow...it's a beach ball...so hop over to the Porch Pillow Project if you want to check it out...

2 comments:

  1. I have the forever sweater and a shawl that is close to the edging detail. I am going to cast on a pair of socks (one of six for Christmas gifts).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      ...I saw those two colourways on your blog today...both are very nice...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete