Monday, June 08, 2020

...6.8...Over the Weekend...

...it's all still a bit same-y around here...
...we started off the weekend with pancakes...so that's always good...
...it rained with the sun shining...so odd when that happens...I went out to see if I could see a rainbow...but none in sight...
...I picked up some groceries...of note this week...I stocked up on tofu (which they didn't have last week)...and Silk...there was no 2 per person limit...so that's a good sign...everything else is pretty normal...I went ahead and got another bag of carrots...

...and then I did some food prep...
...vegan cornbread muffins for the coming week...I just keep them in the fridge and use them up throughout the week...Probiotic Version here...and an older version without the probiotic here...
...I baked a half of a carrot cake...just the Man and I have a hard time eating up a whole cake...
...and I forgot to take a pretty photo of it when I took it out of the oven...so I flipped it back over...but the cooling rack had made divots in the top...oh well...
...I cut it in half and iced it with vanilla buttercream...I started to use up the leftover Julia Child Lemon icing...Vegan Crème au Beurre au Citron...but the Man put the ixxx-nay on that idea...
...I froze a bunch of little muffin cups of Instant Pot beans...
...then I just dipped the muffin pans into some warm water...
...and dumped the frozen cups out onto a tray...
...and bagged them up to go back into the freezer...I just love having these on hand...
...I made some vegan yogurt...blackberry this time...
...I love having this for breakfast...
...and I also made some more tofu chocolate pudding...
...when I was chatting with Mom on the phone...she mentioned the bushel of kale she had just picked from the garden...and that made me jealous...but it also reminded me that I had put a bag of kale in the freezer to keep it from going bad...so I got that out and into the Instant Pot with some 'Greens Seasoning'...
...while that was steaming - it doesn't take long...I whipped up a batch of vegan cheeze sauce...no real recipe...I just dump cheeze-y things into the blender...this batch is cauliflower, carrot, nooch, miso, tahini, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, a little bit of mustard, salt, AC vinegar, sauerkraut juice and a little bit of lemon juice...
...it turned out delicious...and I'll be pouring it over things I eat all week...
...then the greens were done...
...oh...and inspired by Bean...she blogs over at Bean's Life...I started to re-grow a little organic lettuce stub...I have re-grown lettuce before...but not for quite a while...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. Cool that you can make a cheese sauce like that...I love that green seasoning you gave me. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still in love with your corn bread mold!

    ReplyDelete