Monday, April 24, 2023

...4.24...Over the weekend...

...Whew!...it was a busy weekend...
...first of all...I spent all day Saturday with Amy...we went to this outdoor fair...
...lots of exhibit tents...sorry I snapped a photo of someone's behind...
...we had lunch at the local Mexican restaurant...
...the one with TOFU on the menu...these are the tofu/mushroom quesadillas ...just without the cheese...Amy had the exact same thing...and it was so delicious...
...then we did some antiquing...Amy actually bought this painting...she said it reminds her of us...we're the two ladies walking up the path to the Church...so sweet...
...then we went to Gold Hill...
...and wandered around the quaint little village...
...I think we went in all of the little shops...
...and I spied some cute socks...
...they are 'mismatched'...always on the lookout for sock pattern ideas...haha...
...then...after Amy and I parted ways...I did a quick grocery shop before heading home...
...nothing of note really...except the avocados were 50 cents again...
...after I stowed the groceries away...we cleared away last year's Cana lillies...
...it was a chilly but very sunny afternoon after the rain in the morning...
...all cleared away and ready for new growth...
...then Sunday...after Church...I did some food prep...
...I wanted to try a new ranch dressing recipe...
...this one uses white beans as the base...I had written it down but not tried it and now I can't find the recipe to link to...sorry...

...but this next recipe I can link to...it's from Kathryn at Tasty Thrifty Timely
...it's for these savoury fluffy vegan biscuits...the only thing I did different was to add some Violife cheddar...I was looking for a recipe for Vegan Cheddar Bay biscuits when I found her YouTube channel...
...I cut them like she did...into little rectangles...
...they baked up perfectly...is there really anything better than a fluffy biscuit hot from the oven?...
...while the oven was on for the biscuits...I baked some tofu to have on hand for the week...
...I had soaked a pound of pinto beans overnight...
...so I got those into the crockpot...very old crockpot...it was a wedding gift...
...most of the beans went into the freezer in muffin cups...
...frozen...
...popped out of the tin and into a bag and back in the freezer...really the handiest way to store prepared beans for future use...
...we had so much we wanted to get done this weekend...it was time to pot the Japanese sweet potato slips the Man has been babying along since we got back from Okinawa...so it was almost dark when we started mixing up the dirt in the little fabric sweet potato pots...Callie is very interested in what we're doing...in fact she's kindof getting in the way...not really...she's very sweet...
...well...I think we underestimated how much of a BIG JOB mixing all that dirt and potting mix would be...haha...
...at about 10 PM we finished the job and all of the sweet potatoes are in their pots...
...and we still have a bunch of slips to give away...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. Your lunch at the mexican restaurant is mouthwatering!!! It reminds me of the mexican food we ate when in Baja California. It was soooo good!!!!

    Gold Hill looks like a trip in the past!

    Wich you luck with your sweet potatoes! They will make nice meals for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun and busy weekend!! Love, K

    ReplyDelete