Friday, April 21, 2023

...4.21...Friday Update...a new Doll...

...remember way back when I bought that Bag-O-Barbies at the thrift store...one of them was Megara...I remembered her from the Hercules movie that Our Airman liked when he was little...
...so...the first thing I did was to make her some little shorts...
...I planned on dying them purple later...but she needed the shorts as she's quite an athletic princess...
...and then to dye the cloth...I just used some white material that I had on hand...and did like a crosshatch with two different purple Sharpies...
...and then sprayed it with alcohol...and it worked perfectly...just the exact colour I was looking for...
...then I did the same with the shorts...
...obviously I should have done it before I made them...haha...
...then I made a pattern of sorts for her sort of assymetrical tunic top...
...cut it out...
...sewed it up...
...and turned it inside out...what...you don't use pliers as a sewing tool...haha...
...sewed the side seams...
...and the little tunic was done...and I was really happy with way it turned out...
...hemmed it up and added a velcro closure...
...tried it on over the shorts...cute...
...made a quick skirt with an elastic waist...simple...
...Megara's outfit...front...
...and back...
...her elaborate hairstyle...
...then made her sash/shawl out of some darker purple from stash...

...totally happy with this unusual princess...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment: