Monday, April 17, 2023

...4.17...Over the Weekend...

...well...I tried making buckwheat waffles for breakfast...but it was kindof a fail...they must not have enough gluten in them to hold together very well in the waffle maker...
...so the Man said he'd rather have his as pancakes...haha...
...I mixed in some white flour and managed to make some half-buckwheat waffles...also haha...
...then I did the weekly grocery shopping...these are the things I got at Food Lion...nothing of note there...
...and then I stopped by Aldi and got organic olive oil...the Bounce cereal...two blocks of tofu...and then everything else came from Stuff-Mart...
...and guess what they had...VEGAN MARSHMALLOWS...so s'mores are in the future...
...and then it was time to do a little bit of food prep...I had soaked these Great Northern beans last night...they always make me think of Grandma...she would often make them when we were at college and the Man and I would have dinner with them...Granddaddy was there too of course...their house was not that far from campus...and we would just have a nice country dinner...and she made the BEST great northern beans...
...a big pot of greens to go with the beans...of course...
...and also a pan of cornbread 'muffins'...actually made in my biscuit pan...I love the size and also all the crust...
...then I Griddlered some tofu...and I coated it with steak sauce...accidentally vegan...just trying it this way...it may not be good...I'll let you know...
...and then I wanted to make a small batch of chocolate chip cookies...and I used up the last of my jar of vegan chocolate chips...but I had a bag of Trader Joes ones in the cupboard so I switched out the label on the jar...and look at the difference in the chips...both the size and the colour...the TJ ones are really good though...
...just used my vanilla wafer recipe again...and added the chips...
...I ate some of the dough...but the cookies turned out great...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

3 comments:

  1. Too bad about the waffles....but I agree, the pancakes look wonderful. And I do remember some simple meals at Grandma's house. Mostly I remember burnt okra. She did love that High setting on the stove!!! Haha. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love waffles and your greens look so good. I don't know why but it seems these days I too am having trouble making good pancakes. These used to be so easy for me to make and they were always nice looking ones. These days they fall apart when I flip them or they looked burned. At least they taste good, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I'm curious about the cost of the bag of lettuce just for comparison. It now costs $8.00 here for the bag which is a bit cheaper than three separate heads but also smaller. The other day I found a bag for $4 and $5. respectively so that was a good deal. I bought 2 separate times at 2 different stores as I've been missing out on my lettuce for a long time.

    ReplyDelete