Thursday, April 18, 2024

...4.18...Delicious Vegan Food we ate...

...so this is a sheet of store bought, accidentally vegan pastry that we bought for some Christmas goodies before we left the parsonage...that we moved to the new house wiht us and it was still hanging out in the freezer...so I wanted to use it up...
...and this is a jar of sour cherries that I bought to go in some Jello...but they're actually a little bit too sour for that...so I made them into pie filling...
...then I just buttered the muffin tins with Earth Balance...and lined them with the pastry...
...and spooned in a couple of spoonfuls of the cherries...
...and baked them until they were crispy and golden...
...perfect little individual tarts...
...especially with some vegan whipped cream...

...what delicious food have you been eating lately?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I just had some cherry pie the other day. Something I seldom eat. Usually I have apple pie but the cherry one was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, fun. I love pastry dough but I never use room in my freezer on the boat for it. Looks yummy. Love, K

    ReplyDelete