Monday, April 08, 2024

...4.8...Partial Eclipse...

...last week we had watched the PBS program...NOVA...the Great American Eclipse...it was really interesting...and explained what to expect if you were not in the path of totality...and we're not...I was most excited to see the 'fishscale' shadow effect...
...so about 2:30...we went out into the yard with our new ISO approved solar lenses...things were already eerily shadowed...I tried to take a photo of the eclipse throught my lens...like Our Airman did in 2017... but it didn't quite work out like I wanted...
...but the little fishscale shadows were pretty amazing...
...they're caused the same way the little pinhole in an index card allows you to 'see' an eclipse on the object below the pinhole...
...they are little shadows of the eclipse through the 'pinhole' created by the spaces between the leaved in the trees...
...all in all it was another pretty neat eclipse experience...it did make me a little bit 'carsick' looking up through the lenses so long...but I quickly recovered...haha...

~Have a lovely afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. That's neat, I'd never heard of the pinhole shadows. We didn't see any change to the sky in the Bahamas...too far away. Love, K

    ReplyDelete