Friday, April 05, 2024

...4.5...Friday New House Update...now...and then...

...I am amazed at this germination time...less than a week...and so many plants are popping up...CRAZY...I'd say that the two cup method inside the little humidity domes is the way to go for germinating seeds...WOW!
...a little update on the basil and parsley plants that I got at the grocery store...they're doing some better...so now I'm pretty hopeful that they'll survive...YAY!
...I finished the weeding of all of the beds...and put out new mulch...and mowed the yard for the first time this year...
...we had a few lavender plants that didn't survive the winter...all at this road-side end of the fence...not sure if the conditions here are too harsh for them...now that we're here full time...we'll make sure we cover them if it's going to get down to 11° F (-11° C) again...

...so I transplanted some of the nice big healthy ones from the upper end...and I'll baby those for a while to make sure they're settled and thriving...
...inside the house ... I've started caulking the stairs and rails...
...it's another job that I don't relish...but once it's done...it's done...right?...

...now back to the past...
...this was the front of the house...you can see the rather discoloured ceiling fan and lights on the two porches...
...these were the 20 year old builder grade lights on the front porch...
...and this is the back porch since I don't really have a before photo of the piazza ceiling fan...but it looked just like this one...again...faded yellowed builder grade...
...so the Man took those down...and got some pretty new ones...
...and installed them...I'm so happy that he's able to do the electrical work...
...and sometimes I'm also happy that he's a perfectionist...haha...
...I do love the new lights...I think they fit the traditional vibe of the house a lot better...
...then he replaced the ceiling fan on the piazza...
...just a random photo of a pretty butterfly on the side of the house as we were working...
...the new ceiling fan without it's globe...not sure why I took a photo then...but the globe matches the ones on the first floor porch...
...and to further spruce things up on the front porch...we got a new mat...
...I like it a lot too...
...the lights and fan are all finished...and I think they look about a million times better than the old ones...
...so we tried them out...
...at dusky dark...
...and after dark...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, your blog is letting me do comments again. Your fence looks so nice! And the lights are a nice update. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Germination time is the best time of the year! I looooove your porches!

    ReplyDelete