Saturday, April 06, 2024

...4.6...Dinner and a Movie...and Blogger comments...

...first of all...posting my comments to blog friends here...

...to my sweet sissie Karen who blogs from her boat at McCraw Sails...Hey K...too bad you didn't get to tour the ruins...that looks like it would be interesting...your bread looks delish...and it's always fun to see dolphins...much more so than sharks...haha...glad you're getting to meet up with your friends...Love, T

...to karen from Pumpkin Sunrise...Hi Karen...Happy Easter season to you...your socks look neat...I'm on the second sock re-work to make crew socks out of too tight knee socks...and you're right about the second one...it feels good...

...to Éphée from L'éphémère quotidienneté des repas et autres trucs de magie...Hi Éphée...parsnip soup looks delicious...I do like parsnips but we don't often even see them in the grocery stores here for some reason...and I love the idea of your smashed potato Brussels sprout poutine...anything with Brussels...right?...

...to Penny from Snap That Penny...Hi Penny...I love seeing the changes in your city...things are definitely greening up here..and lots of things are blooming so there's lots of pollen too...Happy Spring to you...

...and on the reading front...another of the novellas...I read The Haunted Man and the Ghost's Bargain...and it was the weirdest Dickens book I've ever read...a bit difficult to follow...and I'm pretty sure the 'ghost' is just a part of the main character Redlaw...it's a strange story of how forgetting our own sorrows makes us kind of oblivious to the suffering of others...or that remembering our sorrows helps us to empathize with the suffering of others...this story actually does take place at Christmas...but it's not an integral part of the story...that's it for the Christmas novellas...
...for dinner we had delicious BBQ tofu and potato salad with peas and baked beans...

...and the Man chose the movie this week...and I was surprised because subtitles are involved...Good Bye, Lenin!...I thought it was really good...

...what have you been watching lately?...

~HAve a lovely day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment