Monday, April 01, 2024

...4.1...Over the Weekend...

...ok...so I totally forgot to photograph breakfast...be we had everything bagels...not homemade ones like Sissie's...but still good...using up some of the Daiya cream cheese...I'll get Violife next time...haha...
...our last frost date is April 6th...so we're pretty late getting our seeds started...so I got out our trays...
...and sorted the seeds...
...we're using the two cup method for starting pots...so I cut some little holes in the bottoms of the top cups...
...and put some pebbles in the bottoms of the bottom cups...
...and then filled the top cups with potting soil...
...and set the top cups inside the bottom cups...
...then I had a few seeds (over a year old) that came in a kit...so I thought I'd start those and see if they 'work'...and the tray is a packet of microgreens...also an experiment...
...then I labeled everything with plastic sticks I made from a plastic jug...and wrote on with a sharpie...
...watered everything...
...and popped the lids on...
...then I went shopping...nothing really of note...but we did need a lot of stuff...the little black bag of noodz...are for tomorrow's Easter dinner...and they're straight...not elbows...so that's a little bit different...
...we were almost out of self rising flour...so I mixed up a batch of that...here's how I make Self Rising Flour...
...and then I made a banana bread...it doesn't actually use SR Flour...
...then Sunday after Church it was time to prep for our Easter Dinner...so I made Gaz Oakley's GREATEST MAC and CHEESE EVER
...and then I prepped the ham seitan...and let it rest...
...got my broth simmering...
...and rolled out the vegan ham steaks...
...and put them in to simmer...
...took them out when they were done...
...and prepped some maple glazed carrots as well...
...that smells delicious...
...and then I Griddler-ed almost my entire meal...haha...perfect carmelization...the Man did not want any of his food Gridder-ed...his broccoli was steamed, his sweet potato was baked in the oven and so was his ham and pineapple...
...and here's my overstuffed plate of vegan deliciousness...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of variety!! Looks yummy! Love, K

    ReplyDelete