Monday, April 08, 2024

...4.8...Over the Weekend...

...it was a pretty quiet weekend...we had leftover Easter W-ham biscuits for breakfast...
...I put some milky coffee in a mug so I could take it with me and get an early start on the shopping for this week...
...because I was adding in an extra stop at a new-to-us Asian store...I'd spied it on our way home from Church last week and couldn't get the Man to stop on the spur of the moment...haha...
...it's a small store and I only got a few things...I got some dried Yuba because I want to try Beth's idea of adding it to seitan...and I got an eggplant and some of what I call Chinese cabbage...but it was labeled Chinese celery...and I ot the bread for the Man...because it looks like the Japanese square soft bread that he loved in Okinawa...
...then I did the 'regular' shopping...you can see my attempt to get three different ripenesses of banana...haha...I got some more of the straight macaroni...not sure why I like it better than elbows...some more of the delicious big walnut halves...and a huge bag of Cuties...
...just a tiny bit of food prep for the week...I cooked the greens...
...and some cubed tofu for later in the week...

...we did some more yard work...weeding and cleanup out front...because we want to put out new pine needle mulch in the next week or so...and I caulked a couple more stairs and rails...so tedious...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to shopping at the Global Mart in Durham again when we get home. Fun to see all the different foodstuffs! Love, K

    ReplyDelete