Friday, October 21, 2011

...butternut...

...remember how I said that it was such a great year for butternut squash...

...we've been feasting on this fall treat...

...my favorite way to fix butternut squash is just to slice it...

...and put it cut side down on a baking sheet...

...until it's tender...this takes a while...probably a couple of hours for a big one like this...

...and then just flip it over and scoop the soft squash out of the skin...

...my favorite part is that lightly browned slightly carmelized top...YUM...

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I am making a butternut squash soup tonight. I also love to bake it with other fall veggies and serve with garlic and herb couscous and a fresh salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, yummy!! lot's of "earth balance", cinnamon and sugar!!!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. I roasted a butternut yesterday along with a loaf of Herb & Onion Bread. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM. I have a butternut squash sitting on my counter. I haven't been inspired to do anything with it, but your simplicity has just inspired me! I don't need a fancy recipe to go along such an awesome squash!

    ReplyDelete