Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fraternal Blankets...

...we had sweet twin girls born into our parrish...with sweet names of Hope and Grace...

...so I made a couple of blankets...one white with yellow trim and the other yellow with white trim...

...it's super simple and there's really not a pattern...I cast on 100 stitches on size 9 needles and knit in Stockinette Stitch for about 150 rows...then I do a single crochet border and a shell stitch on top of that...

...and I couldn't find a card specifically for twins...so we just added an 's' to this one...

7 comments:

  1. Great gift! I treasure handmade blankets that were made for me and I have several for Cordelia as well...one from you even!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blankets are incredible. You have some swift fingers. I can tell you now that their mother will love that gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How delightful...love the blankets, may the cover the girls with love and God's protection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:26 PM

    what a sweet gift. :)
    i loved receiving handmade gifts for my babies.

    elizabeth
    bitsofsunshine.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete