Thursday, October 06, 2011

October...

"O hushed October morning mild,
Thy leaves have ripened to the fall;
Tomorrow's wind, if it be wild,
Should waste them all.
The crows above the forest call;
Tomorrow they may form and go.
O hushed October morning mild,
Begin the hours of this day slow.
Make the day seem to us less brief.
Hearts not averse to being beguiled,
Beguile us in the way you know.
Release one leaf at break of day;
At noon release another leaf;
One from our trees, one far away."

- Robert Frost, October


...I love Robert Frost so much...don't you?...

...and when you have exactly one tree in your yard...(I guess technically - it's in the Church yard)...but, that tree is pretty special...and luckily for us it is of the type that turns a beautiful golden orange in the fall...

...and we watch it daily as each of it's leaves fall softly to the ground around our home...and home is after all what makes fall so special isn't it...the coming in...and the warmth of home...I love fall...

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE fall and Mr. Frost also!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh nooooo, it reminds me of the tree on the monty python "suicide leaves" look at my blog - i'll put up a link. love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fall leaves! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fall too! And now I am having some serious tree envy down here in the Lowcountry! Oh well, I can watch the marsh grass turn brown and know that fall is here! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so gorgeous-the poem and the tree. I love fall too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Gorgeous pictures. I especially like the one of the tree in front of the church building.

    ReplyDelete