Monday, October 24, 2011

...Polka Sunday...

...We celebrated worship yesterday with the annual Polka Sunday...

...We love Polka Sunday...but it was something we'd never even heard of before we moved to ND...I think very few people still polka in the south...at least I'd never heard of it... ...but it's a big deal up here...and there are often polka dances at the Elks and KC halls on Friday or Saturday evenings...

...I've even learned to Polka...but we don't dance in Church...but I've even heard of some who do on Polka Sunday...

...the band that played at our Church is booked a year in advance...we usually have Polka Sunday on Reformation Sunday (next week) but we couldn't get our traditional day this year...

...it's a fun service...with all of the liturgical music replaced by Polkas...the words are the same...just the tunes are different...

...followed by a potluck dinner of course...

4 comments:

  1. I learnt to dance the polka when I was at junior school - 8 - 11 years. Every week we had a programme called 'Music and Movement' piped through to the hall, it was one of the radio programmes especially for schools.

    Everyone loved 'Music and Movement' and one day we learnt to polka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very fun! I really enjoy polka music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, what a jolly good day! love, k

    ReplyDelete